Many of us have longed to own a Tokoname Bonsai Pot for that special Bonsai Tree. We give you some brief history about the most revered ceramic ware on the planet to help you make up your mind this christmas.
• Tokoname City, in Aichi Prefecture in Central Japan has a rich history and tradition for exceptional pottery making, that extends over 900 years. It began in the Heian period, that ran from 794 to 1185.
• The techniques used to create these exquisite Bonsai Pots have been handed down from generation to generation by hard working families of Tokoname.
• “Tokoname ware”, as it is affectionately known, is considered one of the highest quality ceramic products on the planet, so much so that Tokoname ware was designated its own traditional craft in 1976.
• Each hand-made pot is unique and is usually stamped by the maker.
• At one stage during the Kamakura Period (14th Century), over 3,000 kilns were active in the region.
• Tokoname Bonsai Pots come in all shapes, sizes and prices and for all types of Bonsai Trees and accent plants.
• Bonsai Pots are very important in complementing your tree. In much the same way that expensive paintings are framed with beautiful frames, exceptional bonsai trees require exceptional bonsai pots.
• Antique Tokoname ware has been known to fetch high prices at auction.
• You Deserve it! Everyone Bonsai Enthusiasts has that one special tree that is deserving of a Tokoname Pot. Most bonsai enthusiasts will own a Tokoname Bonsai Pot longer than a car, a house or even a set of golf clubs!
• Bonsaiwarehouse.com.au offers FREE SHIPPING of Tokoname Bonsai Pots to most countries.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):