These are great Beginner Bonsai Trees that can help you begin to learn the art of bonsai without breaking the bank. As one of the the most popular and decorative bonsai species, the Juniper Squamata has been made famous by the movie ‘Karate Kid’ and is often referred to as a ‘Miyagi Bonsai’. The tree you receive will be of similar size to the one pictured, although shape will vary from tree to tree. Mame Bonsai are the smallest of the bonsai (under 10cm). Each tree has been professionally potted, semi-trained with wire and lightly pruned to encourage the tree to take on its new bonsai shape. Each Tree is shipped express (via Australia Post), with trees ordered later in the week, shipped the following Monday.
• This is an indoor bonsai (no holes in the pot) created for bright window sills, balconies and patios.
• It will enjoy a light breeze daily to promote airflow and reduce mold, particularly in the wet winter months
• This Bonsai requires daily watering (fill pot with water and drain the excess well).
• The Bonsai will appreciate a bright position with morning sun, and protection from the hot afternoon sun. It will also do well on a balcony or patio.
• Fertilise sparingly once a month (a few drops of fish emulsion in water will add some green and growth)
• Carefully move wired branches into your favourite position, but don’t keep moving them as they will bruise and die.
• Bonsai wire can be removed with bonsai wire cutters after it starts to cut into the bark as the branch grows.
• This Bonsai will not survive if kept in a dark, low-lit position. It requires filtered or reflected sunlight and airflow. You can bring it indoors away from its position for a day or two at a time, to enjoy its beauty, but then return it to its bright position.
• This tree enjoys being trimmed however do not remove more than 25% of the foliage at any one time.