Start your Bonsai Journey with this great little Flowering Kyoto Serissa. This small-leafed variety is very easy to care for and very rewarding. The well-draining soil makes this little guy hard to overwater and it loves lots of direct morning sun to encourage flowering. A Balcony or Patio Table with morning sun is great. It is NOT suited for indoor or fully shaded areas. Potted in a beautiful Blue and White glazed Pot.
**NOTE: These Trees flower more in Spring and Summer so most are without flowers over winter.
Kyoto Serissa Easy Care:
• Daily watering (every evening)
• At least a few hours 3+ a day of direct morning sun
• Filtered light all day is appreciated
• Protection from the hot afternoon sun
The Kyoto Serissa develops a fantastic aged looking root system and will thicken up nicely even in this small pot.
• Allow long shoots to grow out to thicken the trunk then cut back to encourage compact growth.
• Pick off large leaves to encourage smaller ones to grow in their place.