Start your Bonsai Journey with this great little Flowering Kyoto Serissa. This mature specimen is what is achievable with constant care of one of our Micro Bonsais in the same species! This small-leafed variety is very easy to care for and very rewarding. The well-draining soil makes this little guy hard to overwater and it loves lots of direct morning sun to encourage flowering. A Balcony or Patio Table with morning sun is great. It is NOT suited for indoor or fully shaded areas. Potted in a beautiful Blue and White glazed Pot.
**NOTE: These Trees flower more in Spring and Summer so give plenty of morning light to encourage flowering.
Kyoto Serissa Easy Care:
• Daily watering (every evening)
• At least a few hours 3+ a day of direct morning sun
• Filtered light all day is appreciated
• Protection from the hot afternoon sun
The Kyoto Serissa develops a fantastic aged looking root system and will continue to thicken up nicely even in this small pot.
• Allow long shoots to grow out to thicken the trunk then cut back to encourage compact growth.
• Pick off large leaves to encourage smaller ones to grow in their place.